Creating an annotated bibliography calls for the application of a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
- First, choose an ethical dilemma topic (from Chapter 2 of the textbook). This is to be the same topic that will be used for the Week 4 Ethical Reasoning Paper.
- Next locate books, periodicals, and journal articles that may contain useful information and ideas on your ethical dilemma topic.
- Briefly examine and review each item.
- Choose a minimum of ten credible, scholarly publications that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic to use in this annotated bibliography assignment.
- Cite each of the ten using APA style making sure to include an APA formatted cover page too.
- Under each citation, write a concise annotation (approximately 150 words per citation) that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book, periodical, or article.
- Include a minimum of one to two sentences to address each of the following: (a) evaluate the authority or background of the author, (b) comment on the intended audience, (c) compare or contrast this work with another you have cited, (d) critically evaluate how this work informs your bibliography topic.
- Make sure to review the grading rubric (linked within the Deliverables table) for more detailed information before starting to work on this assignment.