Please write a short paper based on Module 3 CPU (SINGLE/MULTI CYCLE). Anything in the module can be a topic.
Write a summary paper as follows:
Prepare a Word document with a minimum of 3 pages (not including title and references pages) and a minimum of 3 solid references.
Be sure to use APA Guidelines for references.
- Make sure to save the file in the following format: FirstName_LastName_Paper.doc(x)
- Upload the completed file as an attachment to this assignment.
- Option 2:
- Create an algorithm to count the number of 1’s in a 32-bit positive number.
Implement the program in a high level language like C or Java. It does not need to run for me, but the code should be included in a text document called FirstnameLastnameHLA3.txt along with your assignment submission.
IMPLEMENT THE PROGRAM IN MIPSZY ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE. USE THE HIGH LEVEL CODE AS COMMENTS TO THE RIGHT OF THE ASSEMBLY CODE AS THE TEXTBOOK DOES.
If you write that MIPSzy program in a text editor, you can then paste it into the simulator box in 11.1.2 of Chapter 11 in the ZYBook. You can run the simulation there to test the code.
- The input value value should be entered in the input box.
- Input works by placing the value to be read in from the input box in memory location 8196 and a 1 in memory location 8192. If there is no more input a 0 will be placed in memory location 8192.
- Results should be written to memory location 8200 which will cause them to be written to the output window.
- Include a comment at the top of the program with your name and Panther id.
- Export the file by clicking the “More Options” button and then Export on the right side. That will paste your program into a small box on the right. Copy and paste that into a text document. Call that document FirstnameLastnameMIPSzyA3.txt.
- Zip up FirstnameLastnameMIPszA3.txt and FirstnameLastnameHLA3.txt into a zip file called FirstnameLastnameA3.zip. Do not use any other kind of zip file formats.